The activation workspace is a workspaces class Geobrowser-based, dedicated to PMs, VAs and ESs, and focused on a specific disaster activation.
When a charter is activated for a disaster, the ESA Charter Mapper processing environment creates a specific workspace dedicated to the activation for the different users to search, view and process activation-related data such as EO Data acquisitions and Value-added Products.
The activation workspace allows the Project Manager (PM), the Value Adder (VA) and the Executive Secretariat (ES) to:
- explore the EO Data: when they want to browser the satellite datasets via a full resolution raster overlayed on the map;
- explore the Value-Added Product: when they want to screen advanced products provided by the organisations to help in the Disaster Analysis;
- Search for Data: when they want to search manually for EO data in the data collections. Typically, ingested acquisitions from COS-2;
- data upload & download: (not for ESs) when they want to upload their own datasets from their local workstation or download any previously found data;
- submit processing: (not for ESs) when they want to apply a Thematic Processor treatment to any of the datasets, and then view the results as part of the Activation Analysis.
Contexts menu organization
The contexts menu for Activation Workspace contains activation-related data collection:
Acquisitions: EO products notified by COS2 that may be grouped by mission, sensor type or any other metadata,
Datasets: pre-processed (calibrated) products generated by the PE during the ingestion of acquisitions received from COS2,
VA Products: value added products received from COS2,
My Results: products generated by the processing services.
At first opening, the Workspace points on the Acquisition context.
Activation and Areas information
Two dedicated widgets will appear on the right side of the interface where the user can find additional information about the Activation and the Areas of Interest. Both widgets have a checkbox, to show/hide the relative data on the map, and a button, to open a popup with the relative information.
By clicking on the "Activation Info" button, a dedicated draggable and resizable window will appear, containing the detaila about the Call:
- Activation/Call ID
- Activation Title
- Date and Time of Charter Activation,
- Link to the page dedicated to the Call on the Disaster Chharter website,
- Summary of the event,
- Call Status,
- Activation tags.
Bu clicking on the checkbox users can toggle on the map the Activation geographical information, usually represented by an Activation marker.
The "Areas Info" widget is linked on the Call areas of interest footprints, which by default are visible on the map. By clicking on "Areas Info* button, a draggable and resizable window, will be open. In this window users can interact with the single areas, in particular user can:
- bring to front/back the areas layer;
- pan the map to the entire areas bounding box;
- check out the list of the areas;
- click on a single area text to zoom on the relative area - a popup with filter tool appears, to apply a spatial filter on current data search;
- show/hide the single area footprint;
- change the sisualization style of the areas footprint (color, background, background opacity, and so on)
By clicking on the checkbox, like for activation info widget, it's possible to toggle the entire areas layer on the map.
On the Activation Workspace includes the Processing Services Panel, therefore Project Manager and Value Adder users are allowed to perform on-demand processing of the datasets.
- See Processing Services Panel to check out how the Processing Services Panel works;
- See Processing Services menu to check out the service available on the Charter Activation Platform.
Activation workspace for ES
For Executive Secretariats the Activation workspace is more simple, in particular: - ESs to explore data like acquisitions, datasets and VA product; - They cannot import or ingest data; - They cannot access to the Processing Services.
Moreover ES users can only visualize and download a low resolution visual products for licensed EO data. Instead for free and data open EO data (e.g. Sentinel-2) ES users can access all the assets at full resolution (single band and overviews).